Any security company that offers the installation and maintenance of security cameras, alarm systems and other security systems knows that it is vital to keep a detailed and accurate account of recurring jobs, customer information and staff schedules.
This can be difficult if you are working in a manual system of writing everything into a logbook and storing this information in a highly-guarded filing cabinet, which is why it is time to move into the modern technology era and embrace job management software for security companies!
How do I choose the best job management software for my needs?
It may seem a daunting task, with so many considerations, so if you are still sitting at your desk, head in hands, wondering how to make the decision, there are several considerations when answering the question: “how do I choose the best job management software for my needs?”
- What support is available?
If you are looking into utilising job management software for your security company, then it is vital to consider those of your team who may not be as technically minded, and therefore not able to utilise the software as easily as others. Ensure that the software you choose to implement has ample support, and the support is available even after working hours for any questions you or your team may have.
- What training is provided?
This is an important aspect to consider, as mentioned above, your team may need training in the new software you are thinking of implementing. Find out whether training is offered in person or online, and which one is best suited for your needs. Often, a job management software provider will offer you the option of a demo, which can help you and your employees to understand how the program works. However, as security companies are often out in the field, on-site training may be more beneficial, as not every employee may have access to an online demo at their location.
- What features would be most beneficial to your business?
A security company is vastly different from a catering or HVAC company, so it is vital to choose job management software that has features that can help you. Ensure that your choice offers features such as recurring job scheduling, inventory management and vehicle tracking, as these are features that will help your staff operate efficiently and can improve the performance overall of your business.
- What are the additional costs – if any?
Some job management software providers offer their basic software package at a low cost, but will charge extra for any additional features you would like to add on. It is highly important to read the fine print when it comes to any fees – monthly, or once off – that you may incur, as you do not want to be spending a high amount of your budget on a software system that is supposed to be helping you make more money! With systems such as Eworks Manager, our job management software is all inclusive and does not have any hidden costs.
- Does the provider have experience with the security company?
While it may seem easy to go with the cheapest and most user-friendly job management software for a security company, this is more often than not an unwise decision. Just because a company offers job management software, this does not mean that what they offer will work for you – rather look for someone who has experience with the more niche needs of a security company, as they will be able to help you in more accurate ways than any others on the market.
Once you have answered these questions, you are well on your way to choosing the best job management software for your security company.
What are the benefits of job management software?
Job management software offers more than simply a single, digital storage space for job and customer information. The benefits of implementing job management software are many, such as:
- Tracking jobs is easier: Your business will have the ability to easily and efficiently assign, track and update jobs as well as receive notifications when projects are running late.
- Transparency for the client: With Eworks Manager, clients are also allowed to view projects, which provides them the option to make changes and updates to their information – for example, if you are installing a surveillance system for a residential client and their address information changes – while instantly updating all of your workers to these changes.
- Staff movements are easily tracked: Managing any number of staff can be difficult, as can be tracking their movements throughout the day. Job management software with a vehicle tracking feature or a mobile app allows for more efficient tracking of staff. You are able to verify when guards or technicians arrive at a job site, allowing for the correct resolution of any disagreements over job date and time information.
- It is available over many platforms: In today’s world of smart phones and tablets, many job management software systems are available over Android and iOS systems, which enable your staff to access the software from their devices at any location, saving you from buying specialist equipment.
One of the most obvious benefits of implementing job management software for security companies is that it is easy to use, and enables you to grow your security company from strength to strength.
If you are interested in using job management software for your security business, then consider every aspect of whichever provider you are looking at choosing. Eworks Manager offers one of the premier job management software solutions to security companies in the UK, and our easy-to-use platform should be at the top of your list – ask for a free trial today to see how we can help you!