In the expanding solar industry, plenty of profitable business opportunities are available for your solar installation business. However, you can only take advantage of these opportunities by addressing your daily challenges.
Identifying and overcoming obstacles helps you build a resilient, innovative and adaptable business that can capitalise on opportunities, even during periods of hardship.
In this blog, we'll explore how you can use Job Management Software to solve your installation challenges and build a business that can thrive in a dynamic industry.
Common solar installation challenges
- Our experience working with solar installers has given us insight into the challenges you face, including the following:
- Workload management: Workload management is the key to productivity, but finding an effective way to share the load can be challenging.
- Cost management: When working on multiple projects, tracking all your expenses and ensuring you stay on budget can be challenging.
- Quality assurance: In a competitive market, there is pressure to deliver services quickly, but rushing to complete installations on time can compromise quality.
- Competition: With countless solar installers in the country, setting your business apart from competitors is essential.
- Maintenance: Reliable maintenance services can prevent breakdowns and extend the lifespan of solar panels. Your challenge is ensuring you provide these services regularly.
- Weather: Solar installations are weather-dependent. If the weather's bad, your schedule may be disrupted, leading to delays and increased labour costs.
Solving challenges with Job Management Software
- Let's explore how you can solve the challenges we've mentioned with our software:
Streamline your operations
- Establish your business as the go-to for solar installations by streamlining your operations. Streamlined operations can improve your performance and help you deliver quality services that encourage prospects to come to you instead of your competitors. Use Job Management Software to schedule jobs, track progress in real-time and automate repetitive tasks to improve efficiency and provide services that attract customers.
Assign the right talent to the right job
- The best way to optimise workload management is to assign the right talent to the right jobs. Matching technicians with roles that align with their skills can increase productivity, helping you manage your workload more effectively. Use Job Management Software to customise the job types assigned to each technician to improve their performance.
Track your stock levels
- Use our software to keep and maintain an accurate inventory of materials. Accurate inventory data helps you determine how much stock to keep on hand to prevent overstocking, which ties up capital, and understocking, which can lead to delays. Tracking stock levels helps you meet deadlines on time, and this can lead to higher customer satisfaction, positive reviews and repeat business.
Monitor your expenses
- Job Management Software can help you track expenses. You can add expenses to jobs and projects and keep track of costs that have been paid, authorised and rejected. Documents like invoices and receipts can be attached to expenses, helping you manage all paperwork in one place. Tracking expenses allows you to identify unnecessary expenses, negotiate better deals with suppliers, or find more cost-effective solutions to reduce costs and increase profit margins.
Implement quality control checklists
- Use digital questionnaires to create custom quality control checklists. Your technicians can mark completed tasks and inspections, ensuring each step of the installation process meets quality standards. All completed questionnaires are stored on our system, so you can review checklists later and confirm your technicians are following processes.
Schedule recurring maintenance jobs
- Recurring jobs can help you manage your maintenance schedule. Our software gives you control over how often appointments recur. Once created, your recurring maintenance tasks will be assigned according to the recurrence rule. Use this feature to provide reliable maintenance services for installed systems.
Reschedule jobs affected by weather conditions
- Weather conditions can delay installations, but you can quickly reschedule appointments by changing the start and end date on the system. The appointment will automatically be updated on your team's schedule. If the technician responsible for the job is unavailable, you can use our Time Planner to find an available installer and drag and drop the appointment to the new time slot.
Get started with your free software trial
See how you can tackle your solar installation challenges with Eworks Manager. Sign up for a free trial to gain access to our software.
Got a question about our software?
Book an online demo with us, and we'll answer your questions and show you how you can use our software to solve your challenges.